Chocolate & Coconut brownies… em yes please! These brownies are a perfect weekend treat or to have when you are craving something sweet. Serves 16.
- 1 sachet or scoop of Specially For You Chocolate & Coconut flavour
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (I use dairy free chocolate chips)
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil (can sub butter, avocado oil, vegan butter, ghee)
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar (can sub white, brown, or maple sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup blanched almond flour
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda (if paleo) or baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
In a small saucepan, gently melt chocolate and oil over a low heat until smooth and glossy. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until slightly lighter in color and then set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients- Specially For You Chocolate & Coconut, almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
Working slowly, whisk the egg/sugar mixture into the saucepan of melted chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla and mix in. Stir in the dry ingredients and fold until just mixed. Add in the additional chocolate chips.
Pour batter into your prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake at 350 degrees 20-24 minutes, or until edges are set and the center is still ever so slightly underdone. Allow brownies to cool before slicing.
Dietary requirements: Gluten free, contains Soya.